librelist archives

« back to archive

The Free Linux Training Program

The Free Linux Training Program

From:
Danial José
Date:
2014-05-07 @ 18:46
*Hi All,*
The Free Linux Training Program starts on  Friday, the 9th of May,
2014*,*in the heart of Cochin.  Topics covered include administration
of Ubuntu
operating system, productivity applications, and other handy utilities.  We
will also cover how to install a Linux webserver and run PHP application
using Wordpress.

*Duration of the Course:*  Approximately 8 weeks (Once a week, every Friday,
same time and place).

*Target Audience:  *Anyone with general understanding of computers. You
don't have to be a "techie" but you should be interested in learning.

Course materials will include Linux Administration Handbook published by
Pearson and various online materials.

This course is designed as in Introduction to Linux Administration.  Both
the formal Unix theory of operation and practical day to day operations
will be covered.


*Time: *
4 PM to 7 PM
Friday 09 May 2014

*Venue:*
Arvind Manpower Solutions,
Mariakulath Complex 2nd Floor, Chittoor Rd,
Ayyappankavu, Cochin


*Draft List of Objectives*

Intro to GNU/Linux
Ubuntu OS
File systems
Linux Kernel
Types of Files
Package Management
Managing Users and Groups.
Security
TCP/IP Networking
DHCP
Managing Network Services
Email
Backups
Managing System Resources
Building Custom Kernel (if time allows)
Deploying LAMP Web Applications
(Linux Apache Mysql PHP) We will probably use Wordpress as the test case of
a LAMP application setup.




*Participants are kindly requested to bring  their own laptop, otherwise
he/she will have to share the laptops available at the venue with other
students. Please share this golden opportunity with your friends. *



*Cheers,Danial José+91-7736163525 <%2B91-7736163525>*

Re: Fw: [ilugcochin] The Free Linux Training Program

From:
Joseph John
Date:
2014-05-08 @ 02:10
Hi Danial,
Thanks for your effort, it is a great thing you are doing. My sincere
appreciation
I have few suggestion, you also plan to start a training session for elder
people who did not grow up during the INTERNET age , or was not able to
harness the advantage of Internet and computers. We need to introduce them
to Linux,
Syllabus should focus on only desktop usage (80%) and  remaining 20% on
Linux,Open Source Philosophy.
Thanks
Joseph John
(Not using Yahoo for librelist mails)





On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM, John Joseph <jjk_saji@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 10:46 PM, Danial José <danialjose@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> *Hi All,*
> The Free Linux Training Program starts on  Friday, the 9th of May, 
2014*,*in the heart of Cochin.  Topics covered include administration of 
Ubuntu
> operating system, productivity applications, and other handy utilities.  We
> will also cover how to install a Linux webserver and run PHP application
> using Wordpress.
>
> *Duration of the Course:*  Approximately 8 weeks (Once a week, every
> Friday, same time and place).
>
> *Target Audience:  *Anyone with general understanding of computers. You
> don't have to be a "techie" but you should be interested in learning.
>
> Course materials will include Linux Administration Handbook published by
> Pearson and various online materials.
>
> This course is designed as in Introduction to Linux Administration.  Both
> the formal Unix theory of operation and practical day to day operations
> will be covered.
>
>
> *Time: *
> 4 PM to 7 PM
> Friday 09 May 2014
>
> *Venue:*
> Arvind Manpower Solutions,
> Mariakulath Complex 2nd Floor, Chittoor Rd,
> Ayyappankavu, Cochin
>
>
> *Draft List of Objectives*
>
> Intro to GNU/Linux
> Ubuntu OS
> File systems
> Linux Kernel
> Types of Files
> Package Management
> Managing Users and Groups.
> Security
> TCP/IP Networking
> DHCP
> Managing Network Services
> Email
> Backups
> Managing System Resources
> Building Custom Kernel (if time allows)
> Deploying LAMP Web Applications
> (Linux Apache Mysql PHP) We will probably use Wordpress as the test case
> of a LAMP application setup.
>
>
> *Participants are kindly requested to bring  their own laptop, otherwise
> he/she will have to share the laptops available at the venue with other
> students. *
>
>
> *Please share this golden opportunity with your friends. *
>
>
>
> *Cheers,Danial José+91-7736163525*
>
>
>

Re: Fw: [ilugcochin] The Free Linux Training Program

From:
Sreenadh H
Date:
2014-05-08 @ 06:34
@Danial,

I'll be there to support you (y)

@Joseph john
Its a good idea. we can do that by contacting residents associations.




--
Sreenadh H


On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Joseph John <sajinotes@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> Hi Danial,
> Thanks for your effort, it is a great thing you are doing. My sincere
> appreciation
> I have few suggestion, you also plan to start a training session for elder
> people who did not grow up during the INTERNET age , or was not able to
> harness the advantage of Internet and computers. We need to introduce them
> to Linux,
> Syllabus should focus on only desktop usage (80%) and  remaining 20% on
> Linux,Open Source Philosophy.
> Thanks
> Joseph John
> (Not using Yahoo for librelist mails)
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM, John Joseph <jjk_saji@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>    On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 10:46 PM, Danial José <danialjose@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> *Hi All,*
>> The Free Linux Training Program starts on  Friday, the 9th of May, 2014
>> *,* in the heart of Cochin.  Topics covered include administration of
>> Ubuntu operating system, productivity applications, and other handy
>> utilities.  We will also cover how to install a Linux webserver and run PHP
>> application using Wordpress.
>>
>> *Duration of the Course:*  Approximately 8 weeks (Once a week, every
>> Friday, same time and place).
>>
>> *Target Audience:  *Anyone with general understanding of computers. You
>> don't have to be a "techie" but you should be interested in learning.
>>
>> Course materials will include Linux Administration Handbook published by
>> Pearson and various online materials.
>>
>> This course is designed as in Introduction to Linux Administration.  Both
>> the formal Unix theory of operation and practical day to day operations
>> will be covered.
>>
>>
>> *Time: *
>> 4 PM to 7 PM
>> Friday 09 May 2014
>>
>> *Venue:*
>> Arvind Manpower Solutions,
>> Mariakulath Complex 2nd Floor, Chittoor Rd,
>> Ayyappankavu, Cochin
>>
>>
>> *Draft List of Objectives*
>>
>> Intro to GNU/Linux
>> Ubuntu OS
>> File systems
>> Linux Kernel
>> Types of Files
>> Package Management
>> Managing Users and Groups.
>> Security
>> TCP/IP Networking
>> DHCP
>> Managing Network Services
>> Email
>> Backups
>> Managing System Resources
>> Building Custom Kernel (if time allows)
>> Deploying LAMP Web Applications
>> (Linux Apache Mysql PHP) We will probably use Wordpress as the test case
>> of a LAMP application setup.
>>
>>
>> *Participants are kindly requested to bring  their own laptop, otherwise
>> he/she will have to share the laptops available at the venue with other
>> students. *
>>
>>
>> *Please share this golden opportunity with your friends. *
>>
>>
>>
>> *Cheers,Danial José+91-7736163525*
>>
>>
>>
>

Re: Fw: [ilugcochin] The Free Linux Training Program

From:
Danial José
Date:
2014-05-08 @ 08:57
Hi,

Thank you for your support and feedback, we do have training session for
elder people who did not grow up during the INTERNET age , or was not able
to harness the advantage of Internet and computers.

Location : St. John Baptist Church's Parish Hall, Yordhanapuram P. O.,
Kalady.

Timing : Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 6.30 PM to 8.30 PM

Currently around 20 people attending the classes.

Cheers,
Danial José


On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Sreenadh H <sreenadh@sreenadh.in> wrote:

> @Danial,
>
> I'll be there to support you (y)
>
> @Joseph john
> Its a good idea. we can do that by contacting residents associations.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sreenadh H
>
>
> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Joseph John <sajinotes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi Danial,
>> Thanks for your effort, it is a great thing you are doing. My sincere
>> appreciation
>> I have few suggestion, you also plan to start a training session for
>> elder people who did not grow up during the INTERNET age , or was not able
>> to harness the advantage of Internet and computers. We need to introduce
>> them to Linux,
>> Syllabus should focus on only desktop usage (80%) and  remaining 20% on
>> Linux,Open Source Philosophy.
>> Thanks
>> Joseph John
>> (Not using Yahoo for librelist mails)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM, John Joseph <jjk_saji@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>    On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 10:46 PM, Danial José <danialjose@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> *Hi All,*
>>> The Free Linux Training Program starts on  Friday, the 9th of May, 2014
>>> *,* in the heart of Cochin.  Topics covered include administration of
>>> Ubuntu operating system, productivity applications, and other handy
>>> utilities.  We will also cover how to install a Linux webserver and run PHP
>>> application using Wordpress.
>>>
>>> *Duration of the Course:*  Approximately 8 weeks (Once a week, every
>>> Friday, same time and place).
>>>
>>> *Target Audience:  *Anyone with general understanding of computers. You
>>> don't have to be a "techie" but you should be interested in learning.
>>>
>>> Course materials will include Linux Administration Handbook published by
>>> Pearson and various online materials.
>>>
>>> This course is designed as in Introduction to Linux Administration.
>>> Both the formal Unix theory of operation and practical day to day
>>> operations will be covered.
>>>
>>>
>>> *Time: *
>>> 4 PM to 7 PM
>>> Friday 09 May 2014
>>>
>>> *Venue:*
>>> Arvind Manpower Solutions,
>>> Mariakulath Complex 2nd Floor, Chittoor Rd,
>>> Ayyappankavu, Cochin
>>>
>>>
>>> *Draft List of Objectives*
>>>
>>> Intro to GNU/Linux
>>> Ubuntu OS
>>> File systems
>>> Linux Kernel
>>> Types of Files
>>> Package Management
>>> Managing Users and Groups.
>>> Security
>>> TCP/IP Networking
>>> DHCP
>>> Managing Network Services
>>> Email
>>> Backups
>>> Managing System Resources
>>> Building Custom Kernel (if time allows)
>>> Deploying LAMP Web Applications
>>> (Linux Apache Mysql PHP) We will probably use Wordpress as the test case
>>> of a LAMP application setup.
>>>
>>>
>>> *Participants are kindly requested to bring  their own laptop, otherwise
>>> he/she will have to share the laptops available at the venue with other
>>> students. *
>>>
>>>
>>> *Please share this golden opportunity with your friends. *
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *Cheers,Danial José+91-7736163525*
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>