librelist archives

« back to archive

Softwares to be installed

Softwares to be installed

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-06-19 @ 14:19
Hi,
Following softwares needs to be installed in all Debian machines
1. devscripts
2. pbuilder
3. quilt

Once pbuilder is installed please run following command as root
pbuilder --create

This will create base chroot system of Debian unstable under
/var/cache/pbuilder folder. Do this in one machine and then copy the
entire folder structure mentioned about to other machines. The
repository with Bhushan/Abhishek/Ranjan is Squeeze version if possible
its better to upgrade to Wheezy/Sid but its bit huge download.

@Ashok Sir,
Program is one day or 2 days? Going forward for actual minidebconf in
October I would request you to plan the program properly with our student
volunteers of SCG before announcing so that there won't be confusion in
future.

Regards
-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
ashok kumar
Date:
2011-06-19 @ 15:24
i don,t understand why the confusoon? It is a single day programme...request
you to conduct morning session..afternoon  session to  othres like dayanand
..
On 19-Jun-2011 7:51 PM, "Vasudev Kamath" <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Following softwares needs to be installed in all Debian machines
> 1. devscripts
> 2. pbuilder
> 3. quilt
>
> Once pbuilder is installed please run following command as root
> pbuilder --create
>
> This will create base chroot system of Debian unstable under
> /var/cache/pbuilder folder. Do this in one machine and then copy the
> entire folder structure mentioned about to other machines. The
> repository with Bhushan/Abhishek/Ranjan is Squeeze version if possible
> its better to upgrade to Wheezy/Sid but its bit huge download.
>
> @Ashok Sir,
> Program is one day or 2 days? Going forward for actual minidebconf in
> October I would request you to plan the program properly with our student
> volunteers of SCG before announcing so that there won't be confusion in
> future.
>
> Regards
> --
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-06-19 @ 15:52
On 20:54 Sun 19 Jun     , ashok kumar wrote:
> i don,t understand why the confusoon? It is a single day programme...request
> you to conduct morning session..afternoon  session to  othres like dayanand
> ..
Refering to your previous mail I thought its 2 days program

+ I heard program name was given developer conf where as this was
supposed to be a preliminary minidebconf

+ asking people who doesn't really know about Debian to give talks
where as our own guys like Abhishek Bhushan Ranjan can do that as they
have attended previous minidebconf.

I feel you need to trust the volunteers more and you need to discuss
on what is the program what is strategy etc. This confusion is going
on from past few Linux workshops we conducted. We need to communicate
more and this list is for that single purpose.

Also I've give some blame to our volunteers also who are affraid to
reply to mails in this list. Look guys even if its me or Ashok sir or
any one for that matter if we are wrong or we are missing some points
tell that openly to us, without telling we can't rectify problems. We learn
from discussion. Talk about things openly than trying to discuss it
with me or anyone offline I always can't be arround to look after
everything, you need to come front take responsibility and that is how
foss communities work. I assume going forward there won't be any
miscommunications b/w us.

We need to plan for the big event ahead. MiniDebconf version 3 in
October so buckle up your seatbelts and start working. Talk and
discuss more.

Warm Regards
-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
ashok kumar
Date:
2011-06-19 @ 16:06
yes...ranjan and bhushan met me..dayanand has offered to talk ...that is
why...no one else has come forward...please express your thoughts ..let us
decide  atleast now...also want detail about how many will attend...ask
them to  bring laptops,if they have..
On 19-Jun-2011 9:24 PM, "Vasudev Kamath" <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20:54 Sun 19 Jun , ashok kumar wrote:
>> i don,t understand why the confusoon? It is a single day
programme...request
>> you to conduct morning session..afternoon session to othres like dayanand
>> ..
> Refering to your previous mail I thought its 2 days program
>
> + I heard program name was given developer conf where as this was
> supposed to be a preliminary minidebconf
>
> + asking people who doesn't really know about Debian to give talks
> where as our own guys like Abhishek Bhushan Ranjan can do that as they
> have attended previous minidebconf.
>
> I feel you need to trust the volunteers more and you need to discuss
> on what is the program what is strategy etc. This confusion is going
> on from past few Linux workshops we conducted. We need to communicate
> more and this list is for that single purpose.
>
> Also I've give some blame to our volunteers also who are affraid to
> reply to mails in this list. Look guys even if its me or Ashok sir or
> any one for that matter if we are wrong or we are missing some points
> tell that openly to us, without telling we can't rectify problems. We
learn
> from discussion. Talk about things openly than trying to discuss it
> with me or anyone offline I always can't be arround to look after
> everything, you need to come front take responsibility and that is how
> foss communities work. I assume going forward there won't be any
> miscommunications b/w us.
>
> We need to plan for the big event ahead. MiniDebconf version 3 in
> October so buckle up your seatbelts and start working. Talk and
> discuss more.
>
> Warm Regards
> --
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-06-19 @ 16:41
On 21:36 Sun 19 Jun     , ashok kumar wrote:
> yes...ranjan and bhushan met me..dayanand has offered to talk ...that is
> why...no one else has come forward... please express your thoughts
We should have open discussion so every one can participate so lets
use list for further discussions. Regarding Dayanand I don't know
where I can fit him because one day we have many things to talk about
Debian itself so I prefer to keep him out for now. Let him attend if
we have got time we can include.

1. Debian history and Introduction - Will be taken by me
2. About Packaging and all stuffs will be taken by Abhishek Bhushan
and Ranjan

If time permits we will see where to fit him.

>..let us
> decide  atleast now...also want detail about how many will attend...ask
> them to  bring laptops,if they have..

There is already a list lying arround in our wikipage. But they have
missed a point about laptops.

@Bhushan After creating the page you should have announced in
list. Keep it mind for future.

Since we have their emails ask them to subscribe to this list and ask
them to getlaptops if they have. But one point to be noted we can't
provide any hands on installation so this time let the labs have
Debian installed. Later if they interested they can use #nitte or
#debian-in-mentors in oftc to ask for help.

Going forward we need to have team for minidebconf

1. Infrastructure team - Looking after labs installations repositories
etc.
2. Organizing team - Solely about program organization and getting
sponsors and publicity stuffs

(Some teams may be created afterwards)

Go ahead choose a team and build it up with people. Hope to see more
people joining SCG. Once this is done we can have weekly sessions on
current topics where me or any other persons can teach you guys about
the technology stuffs

Also for volunteers hope you have subscribed to in.mini.debconf list
and get some one ready to update the wikipage on minidebconf at
wiki.debian.org. Currently preperation for minidebconf version 2 at
Pune VIT is going on.


[1] http://www.fosscommunity.in/wiki/Mangalore/NMAMIT/Preliminary_minidebconf

Warm Regards

-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
mbhushankamath@gmail.com
Date:
2011-06-20 @ 13:29
@vasudev, ya..sorry...actually i was waiting to get the schedule and the
confirmation of the event....and also due to i'm out of town cud not get
enough time on internet...
@all, i guess v can conduct in project lab itself(not ibm lab) as its
free..there we can make 2 people of share one pc,which may work fine until
they have to do packaging...even we will inform people to bring their
laptops if they have any...

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 21:36 Sun 19 Jun     , ashok kumar wrote:
> > yes...ranjan and bhushan met me..dayanand has offered to talk ...that is
> > why...no one else has come forward... please express your thoughts
> We should have open discussion so every one can participate so lets
> use list for further discussions. Regarding Dayanand I don't know
> where I can fit him because one day we have many things to talk about
> Debian itself so I prefer to keep him out for now. Let him attend if
> we have got time we can include.
>
> 1. Debian history and Introduction - Will be taken by me
> 2. About Packaging and all stuffs will be taken by Abhishek Bhushan
> and Ranjan
>
> If time permits we will see where to fit him.
>
> >..let us
> > decide  atleast now...also want detail about how many will attend...ask
> > them to  bring laptops,if they have..
>
> There is already a list lying arround in our wikipage. But they have
> missed a point about laptops.
>
> @Bhushan After creating the page you should have announced in
> list. Keep it mind for future.
>
> Since we have their emails ask them to subscribe to this list and ask
> them to getlaptops if they have. But one point to be noted we can't
> provide any hands on installation so this time let the labs have
> Debian installed. Later if they interested they can use #nitte or
> #debian-in-mentors in oftc to ask for help.
>
> Going forward we need to have team for minidebconf
>
> 1. Infrastructure team - Looking after labs installations repositories
> etc.
> 2. Organizing team - Solely about program organization and getting
> sponsors and publicity stuffs
>
> (Some teams may be created afterwards)
>
> Go ahead choose a team and build it up with people. Hope to see more
> people joining SCG. Once this is done we can have weekly sessions on
> current topics where me or any other persons can teach you guys about
> the technology stuffs
>
> Also for volunteers hope you have subscribed to in.mini.debconf list
> and get some one ready to update the wikipage on minidebconf at
> wiki.debian.org. Currently preperation for minidebconf version 2 at
> Pune VIT is going on.
>
>
> [1]
> http://www.fosscommunity.in/wiki/Mangalore/NMAMIT/Preliminary_minidebconf
>
> Warm Regards
>
> --
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>



-- 
       BHUSHAN KAMATH
mbhushankamath@gmail.com
       mbkrocx@yahoo.in

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
ashok kumar
Date:
2011-06-20 @ 05:31
@vasudev,
shall we conduct the programme in Shambhavi itself?
we have to conduct programme in Project lab, as the 1st year (IBM) labs are
not available.
let us talk about the october conference on saturday and finalise different
committees to the extent possible.
regards,
ashok

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-06-20 @ 05:46
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:01 AM, ashok kumar <ashok567@gmail.com> wrote:
> @vasudev,
> shall we conduct the programme in Shambhavi itself?

I'm fine with this as long as they have laptops
> we have to conduct programme in Project lab, as the 1st year (IBM) labs are
> not available.

Sir we need to have a separate lab for FOSS activities where people
can experiment and install things. I know we don't have any spare labs
but colleges like COEP / MES kuttipuram all have the separate FOSS
labs which is used for FOSS activities and I really feel bad when we
can't arrange a lab with proper installations each time during our
activity

> let us talk about the october conference on saturday and finalise different
> committees to the extent possible.
Sure

Re: [scg.nmamit] Softwares to be installed

From:
ashok kumar
Date:
2011-06-20 @ 06:17
Vasudev,
we can only provide such facilities, if there is interested students. let us
hope, this programme generates some interest in FOSS.
regards,
ashok