librelist archives

« back to archive

Wakeup Call!

Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-18 @ 04:27
Hello All,

1st I would like to know the experience of people who attended
minidebconf Pune. Please share how you felt by attending the program.

2nd I would like one person to volunteer as organizer of the
minidebconf NMAMIT (Just like Abdul Karim Memon organized Pune
conference). Every one is welcome to participate. NMAMIT conference is
not too far and we are also expecting delegates from France so I would
sincerely request every one to take some time to organize the event.

Looking forward for replies

-- 

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
ranjan prabhu
Date:
2011-08-18 @ 16:21
It was a really good experience. on first day we had the basics and history
of Debian .. and rest 2 days we worked on packaging .
lekhonee-gnome was the package . Also we discussed with the volunteers and
speakers about how they conducted the conference  and problems they faced
there .. Also debian ,diaspora , blender t-shirts were available.Journey by
train was also not boring ..
and accomodation was also good .. Overall it was really great..


On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> 1st I would like to know the experience of people who attended
> minidebconf Pune. Please share how you felt by attending the program.
>
> 2nd I would like one person to volunteer as organizer of the
> minidebconf NMAMIT (Just like Abdul Karim Memon organized Pune
> conference). Every one is welcome to participate. NMAMIT conference is
> not too far and we are also expecting delegates from France so I would
> sincerely request every one to take some time to organize the event.
>
> Looking forward for replies
>
> --
>
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
>

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-18 @ 16:34
On 21:51 Thu 18 Aug     , ranjan prabhu wrote:
> It was a really good experience. on first day we had the basics and history
> of Debian .. and rest 2 days we worked on packaging .
> lekhonee-gnome was the package . Also we discussed with the volunteers and
> speakers about how they conducted the conference  and problems they faced
> there .. Also debian ,diaspora , blender t-shirts were available.Journey by
> train was also not boring ..
> and accomodation was also good .. Overall it was really great..
Ranjan thanks for the prompt reply. So now lets list out the main
tasks involved in such a conference in our college. Once done we need
people to take lead for certain tasks. I can arrange an IRC meet with
Praveen and Kartik let me know the time.

As a first step we need to format an invitation and send it to all
nearby FOSS mailing list I'll help you guys out in this so if some one
can come up with a invitation format (plain text) that will be great

And what was that confusion about September and October during flag
handover?

Warm Regards

-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://blog.copyninja.info
http://identi.ca/vasudev
vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
ranjan prabhu
Date:
2011-08-18 @ 17:01
The following are the things to be first taken care of :

1) We are conducting 2 day or 3 day conference??  .. if its a 3 day .then we
can also include topics like  blender or diaspora application.
2) An adhoc network (if internet is required in halls)
3)Accomodation .
4)make sure all speakers who take sessions will be present that day..
5) Use limited posters and advertisements in college.
6) create separate sessions for beginners ( those who are new to linux.)
These are some of the points i remember..others please add to this ..even i
will update it if i remember any ..

and about the flag handover abhishek knew it was month end..but he just got
confused about the month..

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 21:51 Thu 18 Aug     , ranjan prabhu wrote:
> > It was a really good experience. on first day we had the basics and
> history
> > of Debian .. and rest 2 days we worked on packaging .
> > lekhonee-gnome was the package . Also we discussed with the volunteers
> and
> > speakers about how they conducted the conference  and problems they faced
> > there .. Also debian ,diaspora , blender t-shirts were available.Journey
> by
> > train was also not boring ..
> > and accomodation was also good .. Overall it was really great..
> Ranjan thanks for the prompt reply. So now lets list out the main
> tasks involved in such a conference in our college. Once done we need
> people to take lead for certain tasks. I can arrange an IRC meet with
> Praveen and Kartik let me know the time.
>
> As a first step we need to format an invitation and send it to all
> nearby FOSS mailing list I'll help you guys out in this so if some one
> can come up with a invitation format (plain text) that will be great
>
> And what was that confusion about September and October during flag
> handover?
>
> Warm Regards
>
> --
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://blog.copyninja.info
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
mbhushankamath@gmail.com
Date:
2011-08-18 @ 18:24
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:31 PM, ranjan prabhu <ranjanprabhu7@gmail.com>wrote:

> The following are the things to be first taken care of :
>
> 1) We are conducting 2 day or 3 day conference??  .. if its a 3 day .then
> we can also include topics like  blender or diaspora application.

>>better to make it 3 day conf and in 3rd day diaspora packaging please.

2) An adhoc network (if internet is required in halls)

>> + labs with debian installed..

3) Accommodation .

>>can be arranged.But should discuss about arranging in guest-house /
hostel...i.e capacity in guesthouse available.


> 4)make sure all speakers who take sessions will be present that day..
> 5) Use limited posters and advertisements in college.
>
>> +publicity including inviting diff foss mailing lists as @vasudev said.
>>hope @pradeep will handle the website and make necessary changes including
regular updates...

6) create separate sessions for beginners ( those who are new to linux.)
>
>>separate sessions only for 2nd and 3rd day right????

These are some of the points i remember..others please add to this ..even i
> will update it if i remember any ..
>
>
>>>>At present we want somebody to take in-charge of conf and somebody
take in-charge of websites and other updates...hoping @pradeep will do
so....@pradeep plz reply..... Also we have to invite all probable speakers
and think about sponsorship..
1 Question,for sponsorship is the sponsorship brouchure required???



and about the flag handover abhishek knew it was month end..but he just got
> confused about the month..
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 21:51 Thu 18 Aug     , ranjan prabhu wrote:
>> > It was a really good experience. on first day we had the basics and
>> history
>> > of Debian .. and rest 2 days we worked on packaging .
>> > lekhonee-gnome was the package . Also we discussed with the volunteers
>> and
>> > speakers about how they conducted the conference  and problems they
>> faced
>> > there .. Also debian ,diaspora , blender t-shirts were available.Journey
>> by
>> > train was also not boring ..
>> > and accomodation was also good .. Overall it was really great..
>> Ranjan thanks for the prompt reply. So now lets list out the main
>> tasks involved in such a conference in our college. Once done we need
>> people to take lead for certain tasks. I can arrange an IRC meet with
>> Praveen and Kartik let me know the time.
>>
>> As a first step we need to format an invitation and send it to all
>> nearby FOSS mailing list I'll help you guys out in this so if some one
>> can come up with a invitation format (plain text) that will be great
>>
>> And what was that confusion about September and October during flag
>> handover?
>>
>> Warm Regards
>>
>> --
>> Vasudev Kamath
>> http://blog.copyninja.info
>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>>
>
>


-- 
           BHUSHAN KAMATH
     mbhushankamath@gmail.com
        gplus.to/Bhushankamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
shravan aras
Date:
2011-08-18 @ 18:49
I guess we must persue for achiving some amount of sponsorship. This will
help us pay for the travel and accomodation cost for some speakers specially
christan who is coming from France. Hence a good sponsorship brochure and an
introdution video is appreciable when you visit sponsors. As far as the time
frame is concerned i feel three days should be the bare minimum. However it
is very difficult to cover packaging and other projects like diaspora
comprehensively in such a short span. I would pesonally like a conference
which breaks the three day rule and walks on the lines of foss.in or
kde.inconference. Sponsors will also ask for incentives in the form of
branding
and a prime slot to advertise ( from our experience at coep last year ).
Also if we get sponorship we can print stickers and buttons :)
On Aug 18, 2011 11:54 PM, "mbhushankamath@gmail.com" <
mbhushankamath@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
mbhushankamath@gmail.com
Date:
2011-08-19 @ 20:17
=>organiser??,  @Ranjan, @Abhishek, or any  other??

=>in-charge of websites???  ,@Pradeep???

=>@Shravan,@praveen, Do you got sponsorship brochure prepared for
minidebconf pune??...If you got can u please mail us....It would be helpful
to prepare an brochure for us......

regards,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:19 AM, shravan aras <123.shravan@gmail.com>wrote:

> I guess we must persue for achiving some amount of sponsorship. This will
> help us pay for the travel and accomodation cost for some speakers specially
> christan who is coming from France. Hence a good sponsorship brochure and an
> introdution video is appreciable when you visit sponsors. As far as the time
> frame is concerned i feel three days should be the bare minimum. However it
> is very difficult to cover packaging and other projects like diaspora
> comprehensively in such a short span. I would pesonally like a conference
> which breaks the three day rule and walks on the lines of foss.in or
> kde.in conference. Sponsors will also ask for incentives in the form of
> branding and a prime slot to advertise ( from our experience at coep last
> year ). Also if we get sponorship we can print stickers and buttons :)
> On Aug 18, 2011 11:54 PM, "mbhushankamath@gmail.com" <
> mbhushankamath@gmail.com> wrote:
>



-- 
           BHUSHAN KAMATH
     mbhushankamath@gmail.com
        gplus.to/Bhushankamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
abhishek jeet
Date:
2011-08-20 @ 05:07
1:Sorry about the confusion occured regarding the month.
2:It would be better if the conference would be held for 3 days otherwise we
may mess up the things around.
3:Regarding the website one of my friend is also ready to work with pradeep.
4:We are working to get the sponsorship.
5:what kind of publicity is needed(ex: meeting colleges to tell about the
conference or just putting the posters is enough).


thank you

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 1:47 AM, mbhushankamath@gmail.com <
mbhushankamath@gmail.com> wrote:

> =>organiser??,  @Ranjan, @Abhishek, or any  other??
>
> =>in-charge of websites???  ,@Pradeep???
>
> =>@Shravan,@praveen, Do you got sponsorship brochure prepared for
> minidebconf pune??...If you got can u please mail us....It would be helpful
> to prepare an brochure for us......
>
> regards,
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:19 AM, shravan aras <123.shravan@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I guess we must persue for achiving some amount of sponsorship. This will
>> help us pay for the travel and accomodation cost for some speakers specially
>> christan who is coming from France. Hence a good sponsorship brochure and an
>> introdution video is appreciable when you visit sponsors. As far as the time
>> frame is concerned i feel three days should be the bare minimum. However it
>> is very difficult to cover packaging and other projects like diaspora
>> comprehensively in such a short span. I would pesonally like a conference
>> which breaks the three day rule and walks on the lines of foss.in or
>> kde.in conference. Sponsors will also ask for incentives in the form of
>> branding and a prime slot to advertise ( from our experience at coep last
>> year ). Also if we get sponorship we can print stickers and buttons :)
>> On Aug 18, 2011 11:54 PM, "mbhushankamath@gmail.com" <
>> mbhushankamath@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>
>
>
> --
>            BHUSHAN KAMATH
>      mbhushankamath@gmail.com
>         gplus.to/Bhushankamath
>
>

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
mbhushankamath@gmail.com
Date:
2011-08-20 @ 06:20
So I and @Abhishek talked with @Akshay,(who @Abhishek was telling
about)....He is ready to work for the website along with @Pradeep,who is
also ready....So now no need to worry about websites....@Akshay also joined
the mailing list and i gave him all the  necessary details to him...
@Akshay,dude if u need any help,you can post it in the mailing list....

regards,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM, abhishek jeet <abhiabhi4426@gmail.com>wrote:

> 1:Sorry about the confusion occured regarding the month.
> 2:It would be better if the conference would be held for 3 days otherwise
> we may mess up the things around.
> 3:Regarding the website one of my friend is also ready to work with
> pradeep.
> 4:We are working to get the sponsorship.
> 5:what kind of publicity is needed(ex: meeting colleges to tell about the
> conference or just putting the posters is enough).
>
>
> thank you
>
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 1:47 AM, mbhushankamath@gmail.com <
> mbhushankamath@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> =>organiser??,  @Ranjan, @Abhishek, or any  other??
>>
>> =>in-charge of websites???  ,@Pradeep???
>>
>> =>@Shravan,@praveen, Do you got sponsorship brochure prepared for
>> minidebconf pune??...If you got can u please mail us....It would be helpful
>> to prepare an brochure for us......
>>
>> regards,
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:19 AM, shravan aras <123.shravan@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I guess we must persue for achiving some amount of sponsorship. This will
>>> help us pay for the travel and accomodation cost for some speakers specially
>>> christan who is coming from France. Hence a good sponsorship brochure and an
>>> introdution video is appreciable when you visit sponsors. As far as the time
>>> frame is concerned i feel three days should be the bare minimum. However it
>>> is very difficult to cover packaging and other projects like diaspora
>>> comprehensively in such a short span. I would pesonally like a conference
>>> which breaks the three day rule and walks on the lines of foss.in or
>>> kde.in conference. Sponsors will also ask for incentives in the form of
>>> branding and a prime slot to advertise ( from our experience at coep last
>>> year ). Also if we get sponorship we can print stickers and buttons :)
>>> On Aug 18, 2011 11:54 PM, "mbhushankamath@gmail.com" <
>>> mbhushankamath@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>            BHUSHAN KAMATH
>>      mbhushankamath@gmail.com
>>         gplus.to/Bhushankamath
>>
>>
>


-- 
           BHUSHAN KAMATH
     mbhushankamath@gmail.com
        gplus.to/Bhushankamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-20 @ 08:20
On 11:50 Sat 20 Aug     , mbhushankamath@gmail.com wrote:
> So I and @Abhishek talked with @Akshay,(who @Abhishek was telling
> about)....He is ready to work for the website along with @Pradeep,who is
> also ready....So now no need to worry about websites....@Akshay also joined
> the mailing list and i gave him all the  necessary details to him...
> @Akshay,dude if u need any help,you can post it in the mailing list....

@Akshay welcome!. Good going folks. Regarding website @Pradeep and
@Akshay do you guys know working with Git or Svn? If not let me
arrange a session may be tomorrow for every one.

@Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.


> 
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM, abhishek jeet <abhiabhi4426@gmail.com>wrote:
> 
> > 1:Sorry about the confusion occured regarding the month.
No issues
> > 2:It would be better if the conference would be held for 3 days
> otherwise
It will be overkill if we make it 3 days this is what Kartik Mistry is
also telling. You may hear from him soon he is also subscribed to this
list

> > we may mess up the things around.
May not be

> > 3:Regarding the website one of my friend is also ready to work with
> > pradeep.

As I told get a time slot for tomorrow we will have a session on how
to use SVN and GIT to send us patch

> > 4:We are working to get the sponsorship.

Good lets prepare a brochure / video we can take help from Shravan and
Praveen

> > 5:what kind of publicity is needed(ex: meeting colleges to tell about the
> > conference or just putting the posters is enough).

First step is organize an install fest in our own college (Debian,
Ubunru Fedora or whatever needed) help people and during the event
tell about our upcoming minidebconf  event. Next we should plan on
organizing such talks in neighbouring colleges also. I'll coordinate
the event, get the interested people together

Warm Regards
-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://blog.copyninja.info
http://identi.ca/vasudev
vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Praveen A
Date:
2011-08-20 @ 16:18
2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
> @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.

All steps for changing our site is given here
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange

> It will be overkill if we make it 3 days this is what Kartik Mistry is
> also telling. You may hear from him soon he is also subscribed to this
> list
>
>> > we may mess up the things around.
> May not be

It all depends on what you want to accomplish from the event. If
someone new to packaging comes and we aims to have them go back with
their first deb package with reasonable learning, we will need a full
day. if we plan to have them work on a new package on their on one
more day is needed. And for those who are new to debian needs talks to
understand debian then one more day. But even with 3 days the aim of
having them package something during the event itself never worked. So
from last two experiences 3 days were not enough to cover what we
wanted to cover. But you can have a different aim with the event and
two days may be enough then. Come up with one or two lines goal of the
event and we can figure out how much time is needed.

>> > 5:what kind of publicity is needed(ex: meeting colleges to tell about the
>> > conference or just putting the posters is enough).
>
> First step is organize an install fest in our own college (Debian,
> Ubunru Fedora or whatever needed) help people and during the event
> tell about our upcoming minidebconf  event. Next we should plan on
> organizing such talks in neighbouring colleges also. I'll coordinate
> the event, get the interested people together

It is a good idea to go to other colleges and talk about the events.
Pass around posters to friends in other colleges too.
-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-20 @ 16:54
On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.
> 
> All steps for changing our site is given here
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange

Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
morning

in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should be
there in the channel in the morning

@Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.


<un needed parts snipped>
-- 
Vasudev Kamath
http://blog.copyninja.info
http://identi.ca/vasudev
vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Aditya Shetty
Date:
2011-08-22 @ 04:22
2 days r just not enuf ......if we dont show and make them understand
the packaging  part things not gonna work....we need atleast 3 days to
finish with a whole package..


On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Vasudev Kamath
<kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
>> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
>> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.
>>
>> All steps for changing our site is given here
>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange
>
> Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
> trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
> this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
> morning
>
> in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should be
> there in the channel in the morning
>
> @Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.
>
>
> <un needed parts snipped>
> --
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://blog.copyninja.info
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-22 @ 04:33
2 days will be official conference. If people are interested we can
have 3rd day as unofficial session and I think people who went to Pune
and Kuttipuram previously should be able to conduct/continue packaging
sessions on 3rd day.

Warm Regards

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aditya Shetty <adigenious1990@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 days r just not enuf ......if we dont show and make them understand
> the packaging  part things not gonna work....we need atleast 3 days to
> finish with a whole package..
>
>
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Vasudev Kamath
> <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
>>> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
>>> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.
>>>
>>> All steps for changing our site is given here
>>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange
>>
>> Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
>> trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
>> this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
>> morning
>>
>> in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should be
>> there in the channel in the morning
>>
>> @Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.
>>
>>
>> <un needed parts snipped>
>> --
>> Vasudev Kamath
>> http://blog.copyninja.info
>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>>
>



-- 

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Aditya Shetty
Date:
2011-08-25 @ 04:24
ya we can , but again there may be some issues in getting permission
to use lab the 3rd day if we think of conducting unofficially..:(

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Vasudev Kamath
<kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 days will be official conference. If people are interested we can
> have 3rd day as unofficial session and I think people who went to Pune
> and Kuttipuram previously should be able to conduct/continue packaging
> sessions on 3rd day.
>
> Warm Regards
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aditya Shetty <adigenious1990@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2 days r just not enuf ......if we dont show and make them understand
>> the packaging  part things not gonna work....we need atleast 3 days to
>> finish with a whole package..
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Vasudev Kamath
>> <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
>>>> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
>>>> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.
>>>>
>>>> All steps for changing our site is given here
>>>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange
>>>
>>> Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
>>> trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
>>> this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
>>> morning
>>>
>>> in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should be
>>> there in the channel in the morning
>>>
>>> @Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.
>>>
>>>
>>> <un needed parts snipped>
>>> --
>>> Vasudev Kamath
>>> http://blog.copyninja.info
>>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>>> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
>

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-25 @ 04:39
We can talk with Ashok sir on this. Please talk with him and let me know.

Regards

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Aditya Shetty <adigenious1990@gmail.com> wrote:
> ya we can , but again there may be some issues in getting permission
> to use lab the 3rd day if we think of conducting unofficially..:(
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Vasudev Kamath
> <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2 days will be official conference. If people are interested we can
>> have 3rd day as unofficial session and I think people who went to Pune
>> and Kuttipuram previously should be able to conduct/continue packaging
>> sessions on 3rd day.
>>
>> Warm Regards
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aditya Shetty 
<adigenious1990@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2 days r just not enuf ......if we dont show and make them understand
>>> the packaging  part things not gonna work....we need atleast 3 days to
>>> finish with a whole package..
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Vasudev Kamath
>>> <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
>>>>> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
>>>>> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf website.
>>>>>
>>>>> All steps for changing our site is given here
>>>>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange
>>>>
>>>> Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
>>>> trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
>>>> this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
>>>> morning
>>>>
>>>> in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should be
>>>> there in the channel in the morning
>>>>
>>>> @Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> <un needed parts snipped>
>>>> --
>>>> Vasudev Kamath
>>>> http://blog.copyninja.info
>>>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>>>> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Vasudev Kamath
>> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
>>
>



-- 

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
ashok kumar
Date:
2011-08-25 @ 04:44
hi,
approval has been given for 2 days. why 3 days? it seems,on the first day it
is introduction about Debian and installation. i don't think that is needed
for develpoers' meet.Start with packaging from the beginning.
regards,

ashok

On 25 August 2011 10:09, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:

> We can talk with Ashok sir on this. Please talk with him and let me know.
>
> Regards
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Aditya Shetty <adigenious1990@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > ya we can , but again there may be some issues in getting permission
> > to use lab the 3rd day if we think of conducting unofficially..:(
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Vasudev Kamath
> > <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> 2 days will be official conference. If people are interested we can
> >> have 3rd day as unofficial session and I think people who went to Pune
> >> and Kuttipuram previously should be able to conduct/continue packaging
> >> sessions on 3rd day.
> >>
> >> Warm Regards
> >>
> >> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aditya Shetty <
> adigenious1990@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>> 2 days r just not enuf ......if we dont show and make them understand
> >>> the packaging  part things not gonna work....we need atleast 3 days to
> >>> finish with a whole package..
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Vasudev Kamath
> >>> <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>> On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
> >>>>> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
> >>>>> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf
> website.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> All steps for changing our site is given here
> >>>>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
> >>>> trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
> >>>> this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
> >>>> morning
> >>>>
> >>>> in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should
> be
> >>>> there in the channel in the morning
> >>>>
> >>>> @Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> <un needed parts snipped>
> >>>> --
> >>>> Vasudev Kamath
> >>>> http://blog.copyninja.info
> >>>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> >>>> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Vasudev Kamath
> >> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> >> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> >> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
> >>
> >
>
>
>
> --
>
> Vasudev Kamath
> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
> http://identi.ca/vasudev
> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
>



-- 
ashok
Ashokkumar A
cell;09341036247

Ashokkumar A, 4-143B(3),Amba Road,Ambalapadi,Udupi,Karnataka
Prof. ,IS&E Dept, NMAMIT, Nitte-574110

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-25 @ 04:54
Dear Sir,

I'm for 2 days but students are interested for 3 days. So I told to
make it unofficial. And Regarding the talks please note I'm not the
one who is going to talk here ( I may not because we already have many
speakers) so I'll leave it upto speakers to decide what will they
talk. As of now Christian has told he will be taking "Introduction to
Debian" session. He has been doing it for many debconf and his session
is well known so I requested him to take it. Next he may going to
take session on i18n and l10n in Debian and possibly a DDTP workshop
for Kannada.

Unlike other minidebconf we are not solely concentrating on packaging
sessions but hopefully we will able to cover it too. I'm yet to recive
info on what Kartik and Ritesh will be talking.

Also note after the event Christian is going to report about this
event back to Debian Project as he is sponsored by Debian project and
current DPL (Debian Project Leader) has asked for reports. So more or
less this edition of Minidebconf will be International  in nature :)

I'll call you later and fill you in with details.

Best Regards

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM, ashok kumar <ashok567@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> approval has been given for 2 days. why 3 days? it seems,on the first day it
> is introduction about Debian and installation. i don't think that is needed
> for develpoers' meet.Start with packaging from the beginning.
> regards,
>
> ashok
>
> On 25 August 2011 10:09, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We can talk with Ashok sir on this. Please talk with him and let me know.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Aditya Shetty <adigenious1990@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > ya we can , but again there may be some issues in getting permission
>> > to use lab the 3rd day if we think of conducting unofficially..:(
>> >
>> > On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Vasudev Kamath
>> > <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> 2 days will be official conference. If people are interested we can
>> >> have 3rd day as unofficial session and I think people who went to Pune
>> >> and Kuttipuram previously should be able to conduct/continue packaging
>> >> sessions on 3rd day.
>> >>
>> >> Warm Regards
>> >>
>> >> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aditya Shetty
>> >> <adigenious1990@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>> 2 days r just not enuf ......if we dont show and make them understand
>> >>> the packaging  part things not gonna work....we need atleast 3 days to
>> >>> finish with a whole package..
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Vasudev Kamath
>> >>> <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>>> On 21:48 Sat 20 Aug     , Praveen A wrote:
>> >>>>> 2011/8/20 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
>> >>>>> > @Praveen I assume there is a gitorious clone of minidebconf
>> >>>>> > website.
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> All steps for changing our site is given here
>> >>>>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConfSiteChange
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Thanks Praveen I had forgot about this link. @Pradeep sorry I had
>> >>>> trouble comming online because of connectivity issue. Please refer
>> >>>> this link to start working on website. May be we can meet tomorrow
>> >>>> morning
>> >>>>
>> >>>> in irc.oftc.net #debian-in-mentors channel pick your time. I should
>> >>>> be
>> >>>> there in the channel in the morning
>> >>>>
>> >>>> @Praveen I hope gitorious clone is properly updated.
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> <un needed parts snipped>
>> >>>> --
>> >>>> Vasudev Kamath
>> >>>> http://blog.copyninja.info
>> >>>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>> >>>> vasudev@joindiaspora.com (Ostatus)
>> >>>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >>
>> >> Vasudev Kamath
>> >> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
>> >> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>> >> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Vasudev Kamath
>> http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
>> http://identi.ca/vasudev
>> http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath
>
>
>
> --
> ashok
> Ashokkumar A
> cell;09341036247
>
> Ashokkumar A, 4-143B(3),Amba Road,Ambalapadi,Udupi,Karnataka
> Prof. ,IS&E Dept, NMAMIT, Nitte-574110
>



-- 

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Praveen A
Date:
2011-08-25 @ 04:53
2011/8/25 ashok kumar <ashok567@gmail.com>:
> hi,
> approval has been given for 2 days. why 3 days? it seems,on the first day it
> is introduction about Debian and installation. i don't think that is needed
> for develpoers' meet.Start with packaging from the beginning.
> regards,

I don't think we can skip those, because most participants would be
new to debian. Without understanding "Why Debian", I doubt they will
appreciate packaging sessions. But we can just keep Christian's talk
as introduction and we may start packaging after that.

Praveen
-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Vasudev Kamath
Date:
2011-08-25 @ 04:56
Yes Christian's Introduction Session is must also @Praveen Christian
is willing to talk on l10n in Debian and he is willing to take work
shop on DDTP in Kannada. So this is kind of interesting session :)

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/8/25 ashok kumar <ashok567@gmail.com>:
>> hi,
>> approval has been given for 2 days. why 3 days? it seems,on the first day it
>> is introduction about Debian and installation. i don't think that is needed
>> for develpoers' meet.Start with packaging from the beginning.
>> regards,
>
> I don't think we can skip those, because most participants would be
> new to debian. Without understanding "Why Debian", I doubt they will
> appreciate packaging sessions. But we can just keep Christian's talk
> as introduction and we may start packaging after that.
>
> Praveen
> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.
>



-- 

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/vasudev
http://twitter.com/vasudevkamath

Re: [scg.nmamit] Wakeup Call!

From:
Praveen A
Date:
2011-08-20 @ 16:10
2011/8/20 mbhushankamath@gmail.com <mbhushankamath@gmail.com>:
> =>organiser??,  @Ranjan, @Abhishek, or any  other??
> =>in-charge of websites???  ,@Pradeep???
> =>@Shravan,@praveen, Do you got sponsorship brochure prepared for
> minidebconf pune??...If you got can u please mail us....It would be helpful
> to prepare an brochure for us......

It was a self funded event and we did not have any sponsors, we did
not prepare any brochure either.

-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
they follow the rules: laws and constitution.