Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Andrew Dodson
2012-05-06 @ 23:44
Hi SydJS'ers

I've put together an API (http://mrswitch.github.com/hello.js/ ) which
abstracts the differences between Facebook's, Windows Live and Googles +
proprietary social javascript library's. So you can just code against this
one library and let the user choose which service they want to use, without
having to mess your code up with the proprietary logic. Its a bit like
Gigya, but without the price.

One may also extend the API to work with their own OAuth2 and REST'ful
backend.

I'm still working on the project in my spare time but i've got some basic
implementation in the page i've show.

I would like to chat about it and get some feedback, maybe a medal, but
just feedback would be awesome.

Regards
Andrew aka #mr_switch

Re: [sydjs] Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Mark Byers @ ibCom
2012-05-06 @ 23:57
Looks cool Andrew.

Checking it out!

Mark Byers
mydigitalstructure.com
@mydsondemand

On 07/05/2012, at 9:44 AM, Andrew Dodson wrote:

> Hi SydJS'ers
> I've put together an API (http://mrswitch.github.com/hello.js/ ) which
abstracts the differences between Facebook's, Windows Live and Googles +
proprietary social javascript library's. So you can just code against this
one library and let the user choose which service they want to use,
without having to mess your code up with the proprietary logic. Its a bit
like Gigya, but without the price.
> One may also extend the API to work with their own OAuth2 and REST'ful backend.
> I'm still working on the project in my spare time but i've got some
basic implementation in the page i've show.
> I would like to chat about it and get some feedback, maybe a medal, but
just feedback would be awesome.
> Regards
> Andrew aka #mr_switch

Re: [sydjs] Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Mark Byers @ ibCom
2012-05-06 @ 23:59
Hi Andrew,

Just had a quick look at doco - very clean.

We'll have ago at applying to mydigitalstructure.com API and let you know
how we go!

Can talk about at next meeting.

Mark Byers
mydigitalstructure.com
@mydsondemand

On 07/05/2012, at 9:44 AM, Andrew Dodson wrote:

> Hi SydJS'ers
> I've put together an API (http://mrswitch.github.com/hello.js/ ) which
abstracts the differences between Facebook's, Windows Live and Googles +
proprietary social javascript library's. So you can just code against this
one library and let the user choose which service they want to use,
without having to mess your code up with the proprietary logic. Its a bit
like Gigya, but without the price.
> I'm still working on the project in my spare time but i've got some
basic implementation in the page i've show.
> I would like to chat about it and get some feedback, maybe a medal, but
just feedback would be awesome.
> Regards
> Andrew aka #mr_switch

Re: [sydjs] Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Andrew Dodson
2012-05-07 @ 03:39
Glad you like it...

How many yay's do i need to get my gig on at SydJS?

Thanks
Andrew (#mr_switch)

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Mark Byers @ ibCom <mark.byers@ibcom.biz>wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> Just had a quick look at doco - very clean.
> We'll have ago at applying to mydigitalstructure.com API and let you know
> how we go!
> Can talk about at next meeting.
> Mark Byers
> mydigitalstructure.com
> @mydsondemand
> On 07/05/2012, at 9:44 AM, Andrew Dodson wrote:
> Hi SydJS'ers
> I've put together an API (http://mrswitch.github.com/hello.js/ ) which
> abstracts the differences between Facebook's, Windows Live and Googles +
> proprietary social javascript library's. So you can just code against this
> one library and let the user choose which service they want to use, without
> having to mess your code up with the proprietary logic. Its a bit like
> Gigya, but without the price.
> One may also extend the API to work with their own OAuth2 and REST'ful
> backend.
> I'm still working on the project in my spare time but i've got some basic
> implementation in the page i've show.
> I would like to chat about it and get some feedback, maybe a medal, but
> just feedback would be awesome.
> Regards
> Andrew aka #mr_switch

Re: [sydjs] Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Erik de Castro Lopo
2012-05-07 @ 04:03
Andrew Dodson wrote:

> Glad you like it...
> How many yay's do i need to get my gig on at SydJS?

Well, short of Doug Crockford showing up and offering to take on all
semi-colon avoiders in a bare knuckle showdown, I think you should get
the gig.

Unfortunately my opinion means nothing :-).

Erik
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Erik de Castro Lopo

Re: [sydjs] Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Craig Sharkie
2012-05-07 @ 04:26
It'd be great to get you to present.

Come along on the 16th and we'll work out when we can get you up the front.

Sharkie

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Andrew Dodson <andrew.j.dodson@gmail.com>wrote:

> Glad you like it...
> How many yay's do i need to get my gig on at SydJS?
> Thanks
> Andrew (#mr_switch)
>> Hi Andrew,
>> Just had a quick look at doco - very clean.
>> We'll have ago at applying to mydigitalstructure.com API and let you
>> know how we go!
>> Can talk about at next meeting.
>> Mark Byers
>> mydigitalstructure.com
>> @mydsondemand
>> On 07/05/2012, at 9:44 AM, Andrew Dodson wrote:
>> Hi SydJS'ers
>> I've put together an API (http://mrswitch.github.com/hello.js/ ) which
>> abstracts the differences between Facebook's, Windows Live and Googles +
>> proprietary social javascript library's. So you can just code against this
>> one library and let the user choose which service they want to use, without
>> having to mess your code up with the proprietary logic. Its a bit like
>> Gigya, but without the price.
>> One may also extend the API to work with their own OAuth2 and REST'ful
>> backend.
>> I'm still working on the project in my spare time but i've got some basic
>> implementation in the page i've show.
>> I would like to chat about it and get some feedback, maybe a medal, but
>> just feedback would be awesome.
>> Regards
>> Andrew aka #mr_switch

Re: [sydjs] Talk proposal: "OAuth and REST'ful endpoints with Hello.js"

Andrew Dodson
2012-05-07 @ 04:46
Fantastic, i could probably talk for 10-15 minutes if you can fit me in
that would be awesome.

A

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Craig Sharkie <craig.sharkie@gmail.com>wrote:

> It'd be great to get you to present.
> Come along on the 16th and we'll work out when we can get you up the front.
> Sharkie
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Andrew Dodson <andrew.j.dodson@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Glad you like it...
>> How many yay's do i need to get my gig on at SydJS?
>> Thanks
>> Andrew (#mr_switch)
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Mark Byers @ ibCom <mark.byers@ibcom.biz>wrote:
>>> Hi Andrew,
>>> Just had a quick look at doco - very clean.
>>> We'll have ago at applying to mydigitalstructure.com API and let you
>>> know how we go!
>>> Can talk about at next meeting.
>>> Mark Byers
>>> mydigitalstructure.com
>>> @mydsondemand
>>> On 07/05/2012, at 9:44 AM, Andrew Dodson wrote:
>>> Hi SydJS'ers
>>> I've put together an API (http://mrswitch.github.com/hello.js/ ) which
>>> abstracts the differences between Facebook's, Windows Live and Googles +
>>> proprietary social javascript library's. So you can just code against this
>>> one library and let the user choose which service they want to use, without
>>> having to mess your code up with the proprietary logic. Its a bit like
>>> Gigya, but without the price.
>>> One may also extend the API to work with their own OAuth2 and REST'ful
>>> backend.
>>> I'm still working on the project in my spare time but i've got some
>>> basic implementation in the page i've show.
>>> I would like to chat about it and get some feedback, maybe a medal, but
>>> just feedback would be awesome.
>>> Regards