Anyone looking for work at the moment?

Anyone looking for work at the moment?

Lei Yang
2013-09-18 @ 09:31
Hi guys,

Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not supposed
to send emails like this here.

So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend developer
role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.

You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.

So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.

Cheers

Lei

David Han Sze Chuen
2013-09-18 @ 12:41
Hi Lei,

My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working for
Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm now
looking for new opportunities.

Would you be interested in checking my resume <http://goo.gl/eXJy2E> and
let me know if you're keen to discuss further?

Regards,

David Han-Sze-Chuen

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc

On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not supposed
> to send emails like this here.
> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
> tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.
> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
> Cheers
> Lei

David Han Sze Chuen
2013-09-18 @ 12:52
Oh my... Just realised that I responded to the whole mailing list.

I hope I won't get too much flak for this ;-)

On 18 September 2013 22:41, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lei,
> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
> for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm now
> looking for new opportunities.
> Would you be interested in checking my resume <http://goo.gl/eXJy2E> and
> let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
> Regards,
> David Han-Sze-Chuen
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
>> tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.
>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>> Cheers
>> Lei

Paul Bridgestock
2013-09-18 @ 12:54
We’re all just rewriting your resume for you.

@3Easy

On 18/09/2013, at 10:52 PM, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh my... Just realised that I responded to the whole mailing list.
> I hope I won't get too much flak for this ;-)
> On 18 September 2013 22:41, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lei,
> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
now looking for new opportunities.
> Would you be interested in checking my resume and let me know if you're
keen to discuss further?
> Regards,
> David Han-Sze-Chuen
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
supposed to send emails like this here.
> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this
wk.
> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite
well.
> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
> Cheers
> Lei

Andrew Stone
2013-09-18 @ 14:23
Reads pretty well to me and I read more than a few Dev CVs :)
Good luck with the job hunt!

Stonie.

On 18 September 2013 22:54, Paul Bridgestock <hello@3easy.org> wrote:

> We’re all just rewriting your resume for you.
> @3Easy
> On 18/09/2013, at 10:52 PM, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
> Oh my... Just realised that I responded to the whole mailing list.
> I hope I won't get too much flak for this ;-)
> On 18 September 2013 22:41, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi Lei,
>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
>> for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm now
>> looking for new opportunities.
>> Would you be interested in checking my resume <http://goo.gl/eXJy2E> and
>> let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>> Regards,
>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>> Cheers
>>> Lei

Paul Bridgestock
2013-09-18 @ 14:30
Indeed, stellar asset to any team, g’luck Han Sze Chuen.

@3Easy

On 19/09/2013, at 12:23 AM, Andrew Stone <andrew@drivenlogic.com.au> wrote:

> Reads pretty well to me and I read more than a few Dev CVs :)
> Good luck with the job hunt!
> :)
> Stonie.
> On 18 September 2013 22:54, Paul Bridgestock <hello@3easy.org> wrote:
> We’re all just rewriting your resume for you.
> @3Easy
> On 18/09/2013, at 10:52 PM, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh my... Just realised that I responded to the whole mailing list.
>> I hope I won't get too much flak for this ;-)
>> On 18 September 2013 22:41, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Lei,
>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
now looking for new opportunities.
>> Would you be interested in checking my resume and let me know if you're
keen to discuss further?
>> Regards,
>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
supposed to send emails like this here.
>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this
wk.
>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite
well.
>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>> Cheers
>> Lei

Thomas Gorissen
2013-09-18 @ 15:30

We're looking for great additions in Singapore.

Also http://jsconf.asia is end of November and will be a great chance to
get in touch with some of the greatest employers and the community around.

Cheers,

Thomas

El 18/09/2013, a las 22:30, Paul Bridgestock <hello@3easy.org> escribió:

> Indeed, stellar asset to any team, g’luck Han Sze Chuen.
> @3Easy
> On 19/09/2013, at 12:23 AM, Andrew Stone <andrew@drivenlogic.com.au> wrote:
>> Reads pretty well to me and I read more than a few Dev CVs :)
>> Good luck with the job hunt!
>> :)
>> Stonie.
>> On 18 September 2013 22:54, Paul Bridgestock <hello@3easy.org> wrote:
>> We’re all just rewriting your resume for you.
>> --
>> @3Easy
>> On 18/09/2013, at 10:52 PM, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Oh my... Just realised that I responded to the whole mailing list.
>>> I hope I won't get too much flak for this ;-)
>>> On 18 September 2013 22:41, David HAN SZE CHUEN <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Lei,
>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
working for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
now looking for new opportunities.
>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume and let me know if
you're keen to discuss further?
>>> Regards,
>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
supposed to send emails like this here.
>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this
wk.
>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite
well.
>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>> Cheers
>>> Lei

John Scott
2013-09-18 @ 22:06
David, this might interest you.

The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
organise.
 On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lei,
> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
> for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm now
> looking for new opportunities.
> Would you be interested in checking my resume <http://goo.gl/eXJy2E> and
> let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
> Regards,
> David Han-Sze-Chuen
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
>> tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.
>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>> Cheers
>> Lei

Jared Wyles
2013-09-18 @ 22:24
LOL at that job.

Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left off
big data.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:

> David, this might interest you.
> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
> organise.
>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Lei,
>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
>> for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm now
>> looking for new opportunities.
>> Would you be interested in checking my resume <http://goo.gl/eXJy2E> and
>> let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>> Regards,
>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>> Cheers
>>> Lei

John Scott
2013-09-18 @ 22:39
It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:

> LOL at that job.
> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left off
> big data.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>> David, this might interest you.
>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>> organise.
>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Lei,
>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
>>> for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
>>> now looking for new opportunities.
>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>> Regards,
>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>
>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>
>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
>>>>
>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>> Cheers
>>>> Lei

Jared Wyles
2013-09-18 @ 22:40
This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job ads.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
> offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
> On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>> LOL at that job.
>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
>> off big data.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> David, this might interest you.
>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>>> organise.
>>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>> Hi Lei,
>>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
>>>> for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
>>>> now looking for new opportunities.
>>>>
>>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>>> Regards,
>>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>
>>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>>
>>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
>>>>> for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.
>>>>>
>>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>>> Cheers
>>>>> Lei

Julio Cesar Ody
2013-09-18 @ 22:54
could not decode message

Jared Wyles
2013-09-18 @ 22:55
It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and they
can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
> may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such as
> for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when negotiating.
> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
> swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
> wasted.
> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com)
> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job ads.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
>> offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>>  On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> LOL at that job.
>>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
>>> off big data.
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> David, this might interest you.
>>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>>>> organise.
>>>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> Hi Lei,
>>>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
>>>>> working for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
>>>>> now looking for new opportunities.
>>>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>>>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
>>>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
>>>>>> for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay
quite well.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>> Lei

Julio Cesar Ody
2013-09-18 @ 23:24
could not decode message

Paul Bridgestock
2013-09-18 @ 23:27
They say “Compensation: Top End”. Given that we know roughly what the top
end of salary ranges are for web developers, this gives you a solid idea
of what to ask for, knowing your skill set and competence. It’s not
particularly fair, but those that can negotiate well inevitably end up
with a little more salary, at least at the start.

@3Easy

On 19/09/2013, at 9:24 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree. It's self-defeating.
> But there are few things as hard to calculate as someone's worth. You're
only as worth as whoever selling it allows you to be. It'll make complete
sense to hire you and pay you *a lot* if what you're building will in turn
yield magnitudes more than that. Conversely, you're part of the risk of
investment if there are other uncertain moving parts in making the sale,
whatever that may be.
> Big topic. I'll leave it here  :)
> On 19 September 2013 at 9:06:44 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com) wrote:
>> It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and
they can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such
as for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when
negotiating.
>> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
wasted.
>> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com) wrote:
>>> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job ads.
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They
are offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>>> On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> LOL at that job.
>>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
off big data.
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> David, this might interest you.
>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I organise.
>>> On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Lei,
>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
working for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
now looking for new opportunities.
>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume and let me know if
you're keen to discuss further?
>>> Regards,
>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
supposed to send emails like this here.
>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this
wk.
>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite
well.
>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>> Cheers
>>> Lei

Lachlan Hardy
2013-09-18 @ 23:28
Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.

I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.

But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get another
significant pay bump. YMMV.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:

> It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and they
> can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
> people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com>wrote:
>> I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
>> may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such as
>> for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when negotiating.
>> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
>> swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
>> wasted.
>> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com)
>> wrote:
>> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job
>> ads.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
>>> offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>>>  On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> LOL at that job.
>>>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
>>>> off big data.
>>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> David, this might interest you.
>>>>>
>>>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>>>>> organise.
>>>>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi Lei,
>>>>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
>>>>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
>>>>>> now looking for new opportunities.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>>>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>>>>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier
this wk.
>>>>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing
>>>>>>> quite well.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>>> Lei

Paul Bridgestock
2013-09-18 @ 23:32
Lachlan, it sounds like you’re very good at negotiating, whether you know
it or not. That tactic can be quite effective. The other one is to know
what you *want* then ask for it clearly and confidently.

@3Easy

On 19/09/2013, at 9:28 AM, Lachlan Hardy <lachlan@lachstock.com.au> wrote:

> Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.
> I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.
> But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get
another significant pay bump. YMMV.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
> It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and
they can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such
as for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when
negotiating.
> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
wasted.
>> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job ads.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>> On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>> LOL at that job.
>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
off big data.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>> David, this might interest you.
>> On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Lei,
>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
now looking for new opportunities.
>> Would you be interested in checking my resume and let me know if you're
keen to discuss further?
>> Regards,
>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
supposed to send emails like this here.
>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this
wk.
>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite
well.
>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>> Cheers
>> Lei

Julio Cesar Ody
2013-09-18 @ 23:39
could not decode message

Jonathan Conway
2013-09-18 @ 23:57
I like Lachlan's method. It's worked pretty well for me for the past 6-7
years.

The beauty of it is that there's no trickery involved. You just keep
improving your skills and demanding the highest anyone can afford to pay
you, and thus, your salary keeps rising with the market.

Cheers,

Jonathan Conway  |  M +61 433 299 472  |  T @jonathanconway  |  ABN 59 729
468 524

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Lachlan Hardy <lachlan@lachstock.com.au>wrote:

> Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.
> I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
> when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.
> But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get another
> significant pay bump. YMMV.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles <jared.wyles@gmail.com>wrote:
>> It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and they
>> can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
>> people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
>>> may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such as
>>> for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when negotiating.
>>> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
>>> swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
>>> wasted.
>>> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com)
>>> wrote:
>>> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job
>>> ads.
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
>>>> offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>>>>  On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> LOL at that job.
>>>>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
>>>>> off big data.
>>>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> David, this might interest you.
>>>>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>>>>>> organise.
>>>>>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi Lei,
>>>>>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
>>>>>>> working for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>>>>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company,
>>>>>>> I'm now looking for new opportunities.
>>>>>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>>>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>>>>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>>>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>>>>>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started
earlier this wk.
>>>>>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing
>>>>>>>> website for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay
>>>>>>>> quite well.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>>>> Lei

james salter
2013-09-18 @ 23:31
sounds like you're good at it to me

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Lachlan Hardy <lachlan@lachstock.com.au>wrote:

> Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.
> I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
> when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.
> But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get another
> significant pay bump. YMMV.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles <jared.wyles@gmail.com>wrote:
>> It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and they
>> can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
>> people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com>wrote:
>>> I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
>>> may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such as
>>> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
>>> swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
>>> wasted.
>>> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com)
>>> wrote:
>>> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job
>>> ads.
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
>>>> offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>>>>  On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> LOL at that job.
>>>>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
>>>>> off big data.
>>>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> David, this might interest you.
>>>>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>>>>>> organise.
>>>>>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi Lei,
>>>>>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
>>>>>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company,
>>>>>>> I'm now looking for new opportunities.
>>>>>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>>>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>>>>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>>>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>>>>>> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started
earlier this wk.
>>>>>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing
>>>>>>>> quite well.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>>>> Lei

Aaron Powell
2013-09-18 @ 23:58
So there’s a DPE job opening soon ey ;)

From: sydjs@librelist.com [mailto:sydjs@librelist.com] On Behalf Of Lachlan Hardy
Sent: Thursday, 19 September 2013 9:28 AM
To: sydjs@librelist.com
Subject: Re: [sydjs] Anyone looking for work at the moment?

Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.

I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.

But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get another
significant pay bump. YMMV.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles
<jared.wyles@gmail.com<mailto:jared.wyles@gmail.com>> wrote:
It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and they
can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody
<julioody@gmail.com<mailto:julioody@gmail.com>> wrote:

I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such
as for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when
negotiating.

Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
wasted.

On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles
(jared.wyles@gmail.com<mailto:jared.wyles@gmail.com>) wrote:
This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job ads.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott
<johnoscott@gmail.com<mailto:johnoscott@gmail.com>> wrote:

It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles"
<jared.wyles@gmail.com<mailto:jared.wyles@gmail.com>> wrote:
LOL at that job.

Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left off
big data.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott
<johnoscott@gmail.com<mailto:johnoscott@gmail.com>> wrote:

David, this might interest you.

The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I organise.
On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN"
<kayhadrin@gmail.com<mailto:kayhadrin@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Lei,
My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer working
for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm now
looking for new opportunities.
Would you be interested in checking my resume<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E> and
let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
Regards,

David Han-Sze-Chuen

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc

On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang
<leiyangyou@gmail.com<mailto:leiyangyou@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi guys,

Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not supposed
to send emails like this here.

So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this
wk.

You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.

So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.

Cheers

Lei

John Scott
2013-09-19 @ 00:32
My attitude - go in and ask for what you want then.

Regards,

John Scott

Interested in technology ? I am the organiser for these local meetup groups

Google Developer Group (GDG) Sydney
meetup.com/gdgsydney<http://www.meetup.com/gdgsydney/>

Android Australia User Group - Sydney

meetup.com/Android-Australia-User-Group-Sydney<http://www.meetup.com/Android-Australia-User-Group-Sydney/>

Angular.JS - Sydney Meetup
meetup.com/AngularJS-Sydney<http://www.meetup.com/AngularJS-Sydney>

On 19 September 2013 09:58, Aaron Powell <me@aaron-powell.com> wrote:

>  So there’s a DPE job opening soon ey ;)****
> ** **
> *From:* sydjs@librelist.com [mailto:sydjs@librelist.com] *On Behalf Of *Lachlan
> Hardy
> *Sent:* Thursday, 19 September 2013 9:28 AM
> *To:* sydjs@librelist.com
> *Subject:* Re: [sydjs] Anyone looking for work at the moment?****
> Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.****
> I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
> when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.
> ****
> But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get another
> significant pay bump. YMMV.****
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles <jared.wyles@gmail.com>
> wrote:****
>  It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and
> they can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
> people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate. ****
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com>
> wrote:****
>  I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
> may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such as
> for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when negotiating.
> ****
> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
> swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
> wasted.****
> ** **
> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com)
> wrote:****
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc****
> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:****
>  Hi guys,****
> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not supposed
> to send emails like this here.****
> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
> ****
> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
> tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.**
> **
> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.****
> Cheers****
> Lei****
>  ** **
>    ** **
>    ** **
>    ** **
>  ** **

Lachlan Hardy
2013-09-19 @ 09:49
Sure is. Anybody who wants to be my boss is welcome to apply. I recommend
asking for LOTS of money :)

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Aaron Powell <me@aaron-powell.com> wrote:

>  So there’s a DPE job opening soon ey ;)****
> Hardy
> *Sent:* Thursday, 19 September 2013 9:28 AM
> *To:* sydjs@librelist.com
> *Subject:* Re: [sydjs] Anyone looking for work at the moment?****
> Negotiating is hard. I'm terrible at it. So I just start high.****
> I usually ask for around 30% more than I'm currently earning. That way,
> when they beat me down, I still end up earning 10-15% more in the new job.
> ****
> But then I usually move jobs every 12-18 months so that I can get another
> significant pay bump. YMMV.****
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jared Wyles <jared.wyles@gmail.com>
> wrote:****
>  It just wastes everyones time though. If i have expectation of Y and
> they can only offer Y-X. Although i struggle with negotiations anyway. Pay
> people what they are worth, not what they can negotiate. ****
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@gmail.com>
> wrote:****
>  I've had that discussion (salary left off) a few times with clients. It
> may not be outright dodgy, but it's never for a good reason either, such as
> for example, the illusion that they get more "flexibility" when negotiating.
> ****
> Not even giving a ballpark figure, and you can always add that it could
> swing up or down depending on the case, creates a lot of room for time
> wasted.****
> ** **
> On 19 September 2013 at 8:50:36 AM, Jared Wyles (jared.wyles@gmail.com)
> wrote:****
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc****
> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:****
>  Hi guys,****
> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not supposed
> to send emails like this here.****
> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
> developer role, the project is 6 month, and it has started earlier this wk.
> ****
> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website for
> tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay quite well.**
> **
> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.****
> Cheers****
> Lei****
>  ** **
>    ** **
>    ** **
>    ** **
>  ** **

Clark Pan
2013-09-18 @ 22:55
Maybe so current employees don't know how much the new guy makes.

It would be pretty useful fir the job seeker though.

Cheers,
Clark

Typed on my phone.
On Sep 19, 2013 8:40 AM, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:

> This raises an interesting question. Why is salary often left off job ads.
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's a Jodie Rich company - which might explain the hyperbole. They are
>> offering big bucks so the hyperbole might be worth it.
>>  On 19 Sep 2013 08:24, "Jared Wyles" <jared.wyles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> LOL at that job.
>>> Social Media high-performance computing environment. I think they left
>>> off big data.
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM, John Scott <johnoscott@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>> David, this might interest you.
>>>> The company approached me to post it on some community sites that I
>>>> organise.
>>>>  On 18 Sep 2013 22:42, "David HAN SZE CHUEN" <kayhadrin@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> Hi Lei,
>>>>> My name is David Han-Sze-Chuen and I'm a frontend web developer
>>>>> working for Optus with 7+ years of experience, specialised in Javascript.
>>>>> Having just recently finished a major project within the company, I'm
>>>>> now looking for new opportunities.
>>>>> Would you be interested in checking my resume
<http://goo.gl/eXJy2E>and let me know if you're keen to discuss further?
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> David Han-Sze-Chuen
>>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidhsc
>>>>> On 18 September 2013 19:31, Lei Yang <leiyangyou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>> Not exactly sure about posting rules here, let me know if I'm not
>>>>>> supposed to send emails like this here.
>>>>>> So basically I need to help a friend to fill in a senior frontend
>>>>>> You will be working with a team of 6 to redevelop an existing website
>>>>>> for tablet/mobile, the company is a household name, and they pay
quite well.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> So, if anyone happens to be looking for work. Let me know.
>>>>>> Cheers