librelist archives

« back to archive

It's coming...

It's coming...

From:
Matt Lee
Date:
2012-11-04 @ 00:39
Mantic is making the announcement this week!

Can people who are already on this list take a quick look at
http://warforge.org/ and tell if you find anything wrong with the
site?

Best,

matt

--
Matt Lee

http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl

Re: [warforge] It's coming...

From:
Philip Waldron
Date:
2012-11-04 @ 01:45
Hi Matt,
Glad to see the Kings of War is nearly here.
It is 1.00 am here at the moment  so I have not the time or energy tocheck
everything, however I will give some Criticism, please do not be offended
by the devils advocate.

I am using a small old netbook running Ubuntu 11 and Firefox11

you might put in an add for http://libre.fm/ we all like music

on the intro page http://warforge.org/ the orange banner is hiding the last
letter E in warforge and half of the M and all of E in game underneath
Warforge.

friendly local game store <http://www.wargames.com/>. on
http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/ seems to suggest that the U.S. is
the complete universe, Perhaps just changing the title will do until
something more permanent can be arranged.

The download of
http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/kings-of-war.htmlcomes with
the picturers but they are not automatically inserted in the
browser.
They are fine on the original page but not on the download page.

on the mailing list page http://warforge.org/list.html you might consider
adding the need for an e-mail address in the orange box.

the "KingsOfWar.odt <http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/KingsOfWar.odt>"
on the warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/download.html page does not contain
the images.

Is Diagram A a self portrait and is it suitable for children.

Congratulations on the project and thanks from all of us gamers,
If I can be of any help please feel free to call, now wish me luck as I
have a game in 8 hours time.

Cheers
Phil.

On 4 November 2012 00:39, Matt Lee <mattl@cnuk.org> wrote:

> Mantic is making the announcement this week!
>
> Can people who are already on this list take a quick look at
> http://warforge.org/ and tell if you find anything wrong with the
> site?
>
> Best,
>
> matt
>
> --
> Matt Lee
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl
>

Re: [warforge] It's coming...

From:
Matt Lee
Date:
2012-11-04 @ 05:31
Okay, cool... great feedback!

* There's now a link to Libre.fm
* Things should work nicely on your netbook, or even on your phone
* Changed the FLGS store link to be US only, asking for suggestions for others
* The HTML version needs to be extracted to a folder first, added some
text to clarify.
* ODT version does not come with images, this is a known issue, and
for now we suggest people add their own images manually.

As for diagram A, its not exactly a self-portrait, but close enough. I
think it's suitable for some kids, especially those who play wargames.

Good luck with your game!

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Philip Waldron <philipwaldron1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> Glad to see the Kings of War is nearly here.
> It is 1.00 am here at the moment  so I have not the time or energy tocheck
> everything, however I will give some Criticism, please do not be offended by
> the devils advocate.
>
> I am using a small old netbook running Ubuntu 11 and Firefox11
>
> you might put in an add for http://libre.fm/ we all like music
>
> on the intro page http://warforge.org/ the orange banner is hiding the last
> letter E in warforge and half of the M and all of E in game underneath
> Warforge.
>
> friendly local game store. on http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/ seems
> to suggest that the U.S. is the complete universe, Perhaps just changing the
> title will do until something more permanent can be arranged.
>
> The download of http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/kings-of-war.html
> comes with the picturers but they are not automatically inserted in the
> browser.
> They are fine on the original page but not on the download page.
>
> on the mailing list page http://warforge.org/list.html you might consider
> adding the need for an e-mail address in the orange box.
>
> the "KingsOfWar.odt" on the warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/download.html
> page does not contain the images.
>
> Is Diagram A a self portrait and is it suitable for children.
>
> Congratulations on the project and thanks from all of us gamers,
> If I can be of any help please feel free to call, now wish me luck as I have
> a game in 8 hours time.
>
> Cheers
> Phil.
>
>
> On 4 November 2012 00:39, Matt Lee <mattl@cnuk.org> wrote:
>>
>> Mantic is making the announcement this week!
>>
>> Can people who are already on this list take a quick look at
>> http://warforge.org/ and tell if you find anything wrong with the
>> site?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> matt
>>
>> --
>> Matt Lee
>>
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl
>
>



-- 
Matt Lee

http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl

Re: [warforge] It's coming...

From:
Philip Waldron
Date:
2012-11-04 @ 19:58
Well done that man, I think we will keep you.
Have a pint on me.

Everything looks good to go

Congratulations
Phil

P.S. Undead beat orks and dwarfs
moral (don't leave home without your mummies

On 4 November 2012 05:31, Matt Lee <mattl@cnuk.org> wrote:

> Okay, cool... great feedback!
>
> * There's now a link to Libre.fm
> * Things should work nicely on your netbook, or even on your phone
> * Changed the FLGS store link to be US only, asking for suggestions for
> others
> * The HTML version needs to be extracted to a folder first, added some
> text to clarify.
> * ODT version does not come with images, this is a known issue, and
> for now we suggest people add their own images manually.
>
> As for diagram A, its not exactly a self-portrait, but close enough. I
> think it's suitable for some kids, especially those who play wargames.
>
> Good luck with your game!
>
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Philip Waldron <philipwaldron1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Matt,
> > Glad to see the Kings of War is nearly here.
> > It is 1.00 am here at the moment  so I have not the time or energy
> tocheck
> > everything, however I will give some Criticism, please do not be
> offended by
> > the devils advocate.
> >
> > I am using a small old netbook running Ubuntu 11 and Firefox11
> >
> > you might put in an add for http://libre.fm/ we all like music
> >
> > on the intro page http://warforge.org/ the orange banner is hiding the
> last
> > letter E in warforge and half of the M and all of E in game underneath
> > Warforge.
> >
> > friendly local game store. on http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/seems
> > to suggest that the U.S. is the complete universe, Perhaps just changing
> the
> > title will do until something more permanent can be arranged.
> >
> > The download of
> http://warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/kings-of-war.html
> > comes with the picturers but they are not automatically inserted in the
> > browser.
> > They are fine on the original page but not on the download page.
> >
> > on the mailing list page http://warforge.org/list.html you might
> consider
> > adding the need for an e-mail address in the orange box.
> >
> > the "KingsOfWar.odt" on the
> warforge.org/mantic/kings-of-war/download.html
> > page does not contain the images.
> >
> > Is Diagram A a self portrait and is it suitable for children.
> >
> > Congratulations on the project and thanks from all of us gamers,
> > If I can be of any help please feel free to call, now wish me luck as I
> have
> > a game in 8 hours time.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Phil.
> >
> >
> > On 4 November 2012 00:39, Matt Lee <mattl@cnuk.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Mantic is making the announcement this week!
> >>
> >> Can people who are already on this list take a quick look at
> >> http://warforge.org/ and tell if you find anything wrong with the
> >> site?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> matt
> >>
> >> --
> >> Matt Lee
> >>
> >> http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Matt Lee
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl
>